This offers a striking presence of zingy lemongrass to complement the crisp, spicy, and slight woody note of fresh ginger.
YIELD: 6-8 Servings
PREP TIME: 15 Min.
- 2 in. medium sized ginger knob | sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemongrass
- Fermented kombucha
- 32 oz. glass mason jar
- Mesh strainer
- Place funnel on top of jar opening.
- Place mesh strainer on top of funnel.
- Pour fermented kombucha into the jar. Leave 2 in. headspace.
- Slice 2 in. medium sized ginger knob into ¼ in. width. Add slices to jar.
- Add 1 tbsp. fresh lemongrass
- Gently stir brew.
- Close lid and allow the kombucha to ferment for 1-4 days.
- Store jar in a cool place.
- After 1-4 days, place finished jar in refrigerator to slow second fermentation.